Lister Monzanapolis

The Monza Lister was conceived and built in little more than two months, a rush job that was completed in the paddock at the Nürburgring, where Ecurie Ecosse were running three D-types in the 1,000km race.

Autosport 6 June 1958 described the Monza Lister as having quite substantial alterations, such as the 3.8 litre D-type engine being off-set to the nearside, strengthened de Dion tube with a large diameter centre pin to retain the sliding block, stronger front suspension wishbones, and even friction-type dampers to augment the standard telescopic units. Although the single-seater Lister was handsome, it proved slower than Ecurie Ecosse’s two D-types at the Monza ‘Race of Two Worlds’ in 1958 – and even these were nowhere near as competitive against the American Indy cars as they had been in 1957.

Lister Knobbly
Lister Monzanapolis

Showroom ready

Lister Knobbly
Lister Monzanapolis

3.8 Litre D type engine

Lister Knobbly
Lister Monzanapolis

Side profile